EFFECTIVE WAREHOUSE & STORES MANAGEMENT
Effective Warehousing & Stores Management is essential to the success of today’s organization. The material must move through the supply chain in rapid, controlled, cost-effective manner to exactly meet customer demands. Most companies now realize that a warehouse is no longer a “place to store things” but a critical part of the entire Supply Chain.
This highly interactive Warehouse & Stores Management training course examines various aspects of the business such as production, product, suppliers, and customers and the associated product throughputs and volumes. The participants will learn how to implement all of the essential tools for the effective management of warehouse and stores.
By attending this Effective Warehouse & Stores Management training course, delegates will be able to:
- Immediately implement a wide variety of time-tested techniques in Warehousing
- Understand the role and importance of a warehouse in the supply chain
- Make important decisions regarding the location, size, and layout of a warehouse
- Decide on the type of storage and material handling equipment to be used
- Apply time-phased ordering system, ensuring low investment and high customer service
- Manage the day-to-day operations of a warehouse
- The emphasis of the seminar is on practical, real-world implementation of modern warehouse management methods.
The Effective Warehouse & Stores Management training course is designed for:
- All warehouse and operations professionals and supervisors who are interested in improving warehouse and distribution operations.
- It is also beneficial for material, purchasing and inventory professionals or supervisors who either control warehouse operations directly or must support them as part of the supply chain.
- It will be of value to all professionals and executives in the organization who are responsible for reducing costs, increasing productivity, raising inventory turns and enhancing customer service through high fill rates, accurate information and excellent order fulfillment.
This practical and results-oriented Warehousing & Stores Management training course is based on adult learning concept. It incorporates short inspiring lectures with structured lessons from the learning manual; captivating PowerPoint slides with videos to enhance learning; ongoing discussions with action planning; ample time for Q&A; training activities to reinforce key concepts within a fun learning environment.
The Strategic Role of a Warehouse
Introduction to Supply Chain Management
v The elements of a Supply Chain
v The role of Warehousing and Distribution in the Supply Chain
v Functions of Warehousing
v Functions of Distribution
Strategic Decisions in W&D
v Decentralised W & D (Pull)
v Centralised W & D (Push)
Location and size of Distribution Centres
v Gravity point
v Buffer management
v Size of Distribution Centres
v Effect of transport
v Lead-time considerations
v Bin locations and numbering
v Unit handling
v Shelving and racking
v Guidelines in design of a materials handling system
v Classification of materials handling systems
v Mechanized systems
v Semi-automatic systems
v Automated systems
v Information based systems
v Reverse logistics
v Return of goods from customers
v Return of goods to suppliers
v Transport Management
v ABC Analysis
v Part Numbers, Part Descriptions and Commodity Coding
v Inventory Accuracy
v Inventory Recording
v Re-ordering material
v Time-phased material plans
v Performance measurement of W & D operations
v Stock turnover rate
v Customer service
v Cost of operations
v Security and loss control
v Access control
TRAINING VENUE, LOGISTICS AND PAYMENT
v Training is residential and will be held at Afriex Training Centre.
v The course fee covers the course tuition, training materials, two break refreshments, lunch, and study visits.
v Accommodation and airport transfer are arranged upon request by the participant.
v This training can also be tailor made for your institution upon request. You can have it delivered in our training Centre or at a convenient location.
v For further inquiries, please contact us on email@example.com
v Payment should be made to Afriex Training Limited bank account before the start of the training and receipts sent to firstname.lastname@example.org
v Upon successful completion of this training, participants will be issued with an Afriex Training Ltd certificate